Cricket is a team sports and yet it is possible that one man’s contribution with the bat or a ball overshadows others. In many cricket matches we have seem how one man single handedly won the match for his team. This is the reason why we have Man of the Match award and not Men of the Match award.
In the recent series there were 6 of such superlative players who won these matches for India.
1. Mahendra Singh Dhoni (captain): Scored an aggressive double century in the first test at Chennai that set the tone for things to come in future. Led from the front and hit winning runs in the 3rd (Mohali) and 4th (Delhi) matches.
2. Murali Vijay (batsman): Hited back to back centuries in 2nd and 3rd test. Batted patiently and did not shy from giving more strike to his attacking partners.
3. Cheteshwar Pujara (batsman) : An attacking double century at the 2nd test match at Hyderabad and the winning knock in the 4th and final test at New Delhi. Never got bogged down and scored runs at a brisk rate.
4. Shikhar Dhawan (batsman) : Bradman of 2013(?). Scored the fastest century by a debutant ever at 3rd test at Mohali. Bye bye Sehwag (?), only time and few more of such knocks will tell.
5. Ravindra Jadeja (bowling all rounder) : Capped the man of the series award for his all round performance. Second highest wicket-taker for India in the series, with 24 wickets.
6. R Ashwin (Bowler) : Started with a match winning haul of 12 wickets in the 1st match at Chennai. Eventually ended with with 29 wickets, at an impressive average of 20.10.